Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

31.3.17

A Day Date: The Stables


"The Stables was established in 2007 when Richard and Nikki Cooper quit the music industry and London and decided to move their life and children to the deepest, darkest Dorset. They had a vision of creating a unique environment to enjoy the finest local produce at decent prices" Spoiler: THEY SMASHED IT! Last week I headed to The Stables in Plymouth to sample some of the newest additions to their Spring Menu (YAY); for the majority of the trip the weather was to die for which made a birthday afternoon by the water a dream! For any pizza, pie or cider lovers, I assure you The Stables is the place to be.




I have visited several Stables' previously, with one of my favourites being the original site in Bridport (there's just something about the seaside!) however I must admit, Plymouth comes a very close second with the added bonus of getting to visit my fave person too. Situated by the waterfront, when the sun is shining the view is fab and there's even the option to tuck into your food alfresco.. although honestly, I'm not much of an outdoorsy eater!

After perusing the menu for a little too long, I finally settled on The Denhay Delight. This is the same pizza that I have every time I visit because it tastes SO damn good; bacon, field mushrooms, tomato sauce and lashings of mozzarella make it impossible to pass up! However I did insist that Jack ordered something from the new Spring Menu (as that was the main reason we were there!) and I felt an instant surge of food envy when he was presented with The Big Jerk. Not only was the smell incredible, but the colours were too.. the vibrance of the peppers, combined with spring onions and jerk chicken it was the perfect pizza to represent Spring! And the taste.. well, you'll have to go and try and for yourself. To accompany the pizza we opted for a side of seasoned wedges, which were again too good to be true. I'm a carb-lover, what can I say?

Despite how completely stuffed we were (two pizzas, wedges, and a HUGE garlic bread were consumed) we were determined not to let it get the better of us- it was my birthday after all, we couldn't skip dessert! Jack was tempted by the new selection of Yarde Farm ice cream, however we decided to share a warm brownie instead.. I bloody love cake! It was equally as gooey and delicious as anticipated, meaning that we left feeling happy as Larry (does anybody really know who Larry is!?) 

The creators of The Stables wanted to provide a raw and friendly atmosphere across all of their restaurants, and personally I think they've nailed it. As a frequent visitor I can vouch that as soon as you cross the threshold of ANY Stables you instantly feel at home.. the staff are friendly (shoutout the Plymouth team) the atmosphere is relaxed and the furnishing is suuuper rustic, yes, yes and yes. There are now seventeen Stables' across the UK, so if you're planning a day trip anytime soon, I would urge you to visit a restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign