Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

3.11.16

Why It's Okay Not To Have Your Shit Together



Whether it's friends, family members, or randomers that I happen to come into contact with for one reason or another, I've lost count of the amount of people that have asked me why I blog. Now by no means would I class myself as a 'successful' blogger; but after all, what is success anyway? Just because I'm not stopped walking down the street, it doesn't mean that I can't celebrate my own victories. I don't blog for fame (although I do get a little buzz when somebody recognises me at an event!), I blog for me.

One of the things that has always appealed to me about blogging, is the fact that it goes hand in hand with freedom of speech. If I'm having a day where I'm feeling anxious, or need to get something off my chest, I'll blog about it; the beauty of having my own little online space means that I can write about what I want, when I want to. The fact of the matter is, I'm a 20 year old girl and I have no idea what I'm doing.. I'm making things up as I go along and hoping of the best, and that's okay. I would love to own a car that doesn't give up the goat every couple of weeks, and to be in the financial position to move out over the next year or so, but I don't think that either of these things are on the cards any time soon. I'm somebody who is trying to embrace growing up, but I don't believe that there is a right way of doing it.. As an advocate of freedom of speech, I'm all about people voicing their opinions, but if you're going to start telling me what I should be doing right now, then don't.

When people rave on about how getting old sucks, it bores me to tears. Granted, at the mere age of 20 I haven't done a lot of living, but as far as getting old is concerned, I'm ready for anything! The past year has been been great for me; having my boyfriend head off to university was a shock to the system, but we made it work and now I love nothing more than our little adventures across the country. Not only this, but I'm in a job that I enjoy, I'm continuing to push myself in the big wide world of blogging, and I'm meeting new people on a daily basis- I'm feeling pretty good all round.

The purpose of this post was to share a little something with anybody that is feeling the same way as me.. If you haven't got a flippin' clue what you're doing, don't panic! How many 20 year olds can honestly say that they have their shit together anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign