Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

19.10.16

Soap and Glory Beauty Picks

 A few weeks ago I took a long overdue trip to Boots, I only went in to pick up the 'essentials' and of course I came out with a heck of a lot more than that.. What can I say? A girl's gotta treat herself! I have been very fortunate of late, with several companies gifting me products to try, and it is safe to say that my beauty box has been overflowing with new bits; however, as soon as I got my hands on these beauties from Soap and Glory they shot to the top of the pile. Can you blame me? The pretty packaging wins, every time. 



I've been using Soap and Glory bathing products for years and as much as I love the brand, it wasn't until recently that I ventured into their beauty collection; I was gifted a selection of their brow products to try (all of which I loved!), but since then I hadn't considered purchasing anything else from the range. This changed when I read Allie's blog post about the One Heck of a Blot primer amongst other things.. The handbag friendly sized tube, the positive review, as well as how pretty and pink it was- I couldn't not! Like many other beauty brands that are stocked at Boots, Soap and Glory was part of a 3 for 2 offer, so I narrowed it down to the 3 that took my fancy the most, and took the plunge!

Honestly, I'm not one for eye liner. The only reason for this is because I suck at it.. so after reading such great things about the Super Cat Liner I thought that I'd give it a try. Of course it didn't give me the ability to draw the most perfect of flicks over night, but it certainly helped! The liner has a super fine tip which allows you get create a precise line, however I did find that in order to get definition I needed to go over it twice, thus making it slightly wobblier..

I'm going to put my hands up and admit that I have snuck a sneaky swipe of my sisters S&G lipstick before (shh!), but the nudes collection is a whole other board game. The colour range isn't huge, however I found the perfect beigey nude, which I think will be perfect for both day and evening wear- I'm not very adventurous with my lip colours, but have sworn to venture into deeper tones this Autumn/Winter!

This is the product that I was the most excited about; after reading review after review raving about it's success, I had high hopes- and it didn't disappoint! Having been using Benefit's Porefessional for several years, I'm used to a slightly thicker primer; the consistency of One Heck of a Blot is much thinner, and applies smoothly, almost like a moisturiser. I've only been using this product for a week or so, but so far I'm very impressed with the results that it gives; skin looks flawless and feels soft to the touch.

Now I have tried many a brow product in my time, and in terms of achieving a 'natural' look I always opt for fibre gels; these cling to the hairs, creating a fuller appearance. In comparison to others that I have used, I found the colour range to be a little difficult to match, having to go for the blonder option- despite being almost brunette myself! However, the application was simple and the product lasted for a relatively long time; I probably wouldn't purchase again, but shall continue to use it as a back up for when my normal product runs out!

Have you tried the Soap and Glory beauty range? What are your favourite products?

1 comment:

  1. I really want to try "one heck of a blot" primer, it sounds right up my ally! I've used the Supercat eyeliner for two years now and I still love it - i'm terrible at liquid eyeliner but I find this product makes it a lot more easier. Just love Soap & Glory - the packaging too cute! Holly x https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/chronicles-holly-13610625

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign