Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

25.10.16

Lets Talk About Periods

Now lets not beat around the bush -no pun intended- periods are the bane of every woman's life. They make you feel here, there and everywhere and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it...

This post is being written with younger girls in mind, as when I started puberty I knew very little about periods; it wasn't something that was openly discussed like it is today, so all I had to go by was what I'd been told in the girls only science classes. JOY. In simple terms, a period is when a woman's body releases tissue that in no longer needs, which would have otherwise been used to develop a baby... so unless you're planning to conceive, it isn't necessary! Periods occur once a month until a woman loses the ability to have children (this is usually up to the age of 50)

When I first got my period at the tender age of 11, I remember thinking that everybody would know. But in actual fact there was no giant sign on my forehead and the only people who knew were those that I chose to tell... symptoms that come hand in hand with that time of the month include mood swings, as well as the occasional break out, but these are things that happen to all teens during puberty so there's no need to worry! Being on your period shouldn't stop you from doing anything- find the right protection that is right for you (my preference is the applicator tampon) and OWN IT.

There are a huge range of products to choose from, so finding the right one for you is super important. Looking after the most sensitive parts of your body should be at the top of your to-do list, as no matter how old you are poor feminine hygiene can lead to life threatening results... Companies like TOTM provide 100% organic products that are not only much kinder to the skin, but also have a positive effect on the environment too- YAY. Did you know that on average a woman uses around 13,000 tampons in her lifetime? TOTM tampons are 100% biodegradable and dissolve naturally; but don't panic, they are wrapped in a hypoallergenic veil to stop them from shedding or breaking when in use!

Over the past couple of months I have swapped out my usual products for the TOTM subscription service, and since then I am yet to be caught out! It can be a little embarrassing when mother nature pops up unexpectedly, but for as little as £2.50 per month you can have your sanitary products delivered discreetly to your door- WHAT PERIOD? That's what I say...

This post contains products gifted by TOTM Organic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign