Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

11.10.16

Simple Banana Bread

Okay, I'm going to put my hands up and say that I don't really like banana bread, in fact, I don't really like bananas that much either. When it comes to fruit, my ratio of do like to don't like is very meager, thus leading me to the banana; the versatile fruit that can be included in near enough anything- pancakes, porridge, bread, you name it. I was sat at home this morning (yes, the first day off in a long while!) when suddenly the baking bug took over. Now by no means do I claim to be any good when it comes to baking, or any kind of cooking come to think of it, but banana bread is a fail safe option. It is quite literally as simple as throwing all of the ingredients in a bowl, mixing them up and ta-dah, you're already half way there.


Ingredients you will need:
125g butter
150g caster sugar
1 tspn vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
190g self raising flour
60ml milk (I used A2 milk)
100g milk chocolate chips
4 tbsp of Jim-Jams hazelnut chocolate spread

Step 1: Preheat the oven to 160 degrees, line a loaf tin with baking paper and prepare your ingredients. I find that the whole process is so much simpler if you measure everything out beforehand, meaning that you can literally throw it all together. Plus, it reduces the time spent tidying up afterwards!

Step 2: Melt the sugar, butter and vanilla extract into a large glass bowl. You can do this over a saucepan of simmering water, or you can cheat a little like myself, and pop it in the microwave. However, if you opt for the microwave option, be sure to take it out after 30 seconds or so to give it a stir!

Step 3: Add your mashed bananas and mix well, followed by adding your egg. Gradually stir in the remaining ingredients, flour, milk and chocolate chips (minus the spread!) and continue to stir the mixture until it thickens.

Step 4: Pour half of the mixture into your tin and cover with 2 melted tablespoons of Jim Jams hazelnut and chocolate spread. Pour the remaining bread mixture on top, followed by drizzling a further 2 melted tablespoons of chocolate spread on top.

Step 5: Bake for 50 minutes, or until golden brown. Leave to cool before cutting, or eat warm with a little scoop of ice cream- I know I know, it totally defeats the object of having a fruity loaf! 

And there you have it, a not-so healthy banana bread; granted it may not turn all fruit haters like myself into banana lovers, but it's definitely a home comfort. Thanks to Jim Jams for supplying me with a hefty amount of gluten free chocolate spread- the best kind of blogger mail! If you fancy recreating this recipe, be sure to send me your links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign