Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

5.10.16

Bristol Fashion Week: A/W 2016

I don't talk a lot about fashion on my blog, often finding that I have very little to say on the matter; however, fashion plays a large part in my life and is something that I am very passionate about. I wouldn't necessarily declare myself as 'fashionable', but after all, what does that really mean?

When it comes to fashion, I like to get my inspiration from looks that I see out and about- street style if you will. Although I would be lying if I said that I didn't spend my days lusting after designer pieces, I get a large proportion of my wardrobe from the highstreet; working in a clothes shop means that I have to 'keep up' with the latest trends, but I much prefer to combine elements of old and new to create something that I feel both comfortable and confident in- a girl's got to embrace her individuality, right!? When I was invited to come along to Bristol Fashion Week it was an opportunity that I couldn't refuse. Combining both budget and high-end elements of the highstreet to debut the best of A/W style, the show offers something for everyone. 



The South West's version of London Fashion week attracts thousands of style conscious individuals every season, and this years Autumn/Winter show was supported by both John Lewis and Marks and Spencer, meaning that you knew it would be bigger and better than ever. Oh, and did I mention that Henry Holland was presenting!? Like all fashion shows, there was the challenge of making it 100% insta-worthy (because we know it's all about the likes!), and BFW certainly didn't disappoint. Greeted with pink bubbles and fluted glasses it made all of those attending feel like a 'somebody', and of course a selfie wall didn't go a miss.

The show itself was story-like, with each 'scene' being named something different; fairytale, pastel and gothic were amongst my favourites, with a finale debuting looks from each of the categories. Compared to other shows that I have been to, Bristol Fashion Week was much more laid back. Although the set up was very professional and the models strutted the catwalk as though it was almost second nature, the feel of the whole evening was a lot let tense- even Henry Holland joked about the fact that the models were allowed to smile! A combination of 'true' catwalk representations were mixed in with mini dance shows and extravagant poses, meaning that even if fashion isn't necessarily your thing, you couldn't help but be fixated! Fashion Week season is always the talk of the town; whether it's London, Paris, or even Bristol, I would recommend that if you ever have the chance to watch a show, don't pass it up.

Fashion from John Lewis, M&S, River Island, Jack Wills, Cath Kinston, Karen Millen and Next; with accessories from Radley London, Pandora, Accessorize and Sunglasses Hut.

*A special thanks to my little sister for whipping out her camera on the eve of the event! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign