Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

16.9.16

Gluten Free Goodness: All Things Nutribrex

You know the saying, breakfast is the most important meal of the day? Well it is! I used to be a serial cereal-dodger (sorry, it had to be done!) but these days I live by mantra that you need a hearty breakfast to set you up for the day. Without breakfast, the chances are you'll find me hunched over sporting a hangry face by 10am, in serious need of some grub.. but the sad fact of the matter is that we don't all have time to whip up an insta-worthy batch of poached eggs on toast before dashing off to work, so a tasty alternative is needed.

If you haven't heard of Nutribrex before, it is a gluten free cereal brand that offers a small, yet delicious range of products, readily available in the majority of supermarkets. As a sufferer of gluten intolerance, over the years I have found it difficult to find breakfast ideas that don't lead to a flare up; but thanks to Nutribrex my prayers have been answered! I only discovered the brand at the start of the Summer, but when the team offered me the chance to try both the Original and the new Coconut & Crispy Rice I couldn't pass up the opportunity; high in fibre and protein, low in fat and packed with vitamins, it's the perfect breakfast treat!

For any of you that are yet to give it a whirl, you may be surprised as to just how grainy it is- I know, a wholegrain cereal right? Shocking. Compared to similar products on the market the texture is very dry and flakey, meaning that it requires a lot of milk if you were to eat it like your average breakfast cereal; however having tried Nutribrex in a number of different ways, I definitely prefer crumbling it over yoghurt as a topper instead! Having done a lot of reading, I've been amazed at just how versatile this pint-sized cereal really is. From granolas to smoothie bowls, Nutribrex can be transformed into a number of tasty treats! I've given some of them a try, but I'm most excited for the breakfast pancakes- I've been deprived of their deliciousness for so long, I feel like it's time to indulge. 

Keep your eyes peeled for more of my Nutribrex creations- sadly, I can't promise that they'll be as aesthetically pleasing as the ones above! A special thanks to Nutribrex for partnering with me on this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign