Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

9.8.16

My Summer Skincare Routine

There's nothing better than a cliché favourites post, eh? I thought that I would put together a collection of my staple skincare products that have been, and shall continue to see me through the Summer months- if they decide to stick around that is! I have always placed a lot of importance on looking after my skin, suffering from very bad acne and discolouration in my early teens (the joys of blooming ahead of my time!) meant that I had to be skin savvy from a young age; I guarantee that if you name a typical 'teen' skincare product, I've tried it! 

Since the start of the year, I've tried to make a conscious effort of creating a skincare routine and sticking to it.. so far, so good! As the weather has gotten warmer I have made some small changes to the routine itself, as well as opting for some lighter products.




Cleanse
Until a few months back this is something that I placed very little importance on, but it's a biggie! It's a well known fact that if you rid your skin of all of the impurities and grime that have built up throughout the day, you will wake up looking a hundred times better; leaving your make up on over night will clog your pores resulting in spots, as well as a ruined pillow case! I tried a few cleansers before I came across the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, and I've never looked back. I use it morning and night to remove make up and any products that I have slapped on the night before- night creams are fab, but you don't want them sitting on your skin the following day! 

Exfoliate
Since I was very young, exfoliating has always been a key part of looking after my skin; there's something about that post-exfoliate feeling that makes me feel radiant! I never exfoliate in the morning, as it ups the risk of skin damage, so instead I like to have a mini facial a few times a week- did somebody say after work pamper party!? I've been using the No7 Beautiful Skin Exfoliator for a few years now, and I have found that the microbeads scrub just enough to remove dry skin, without leaving redness or sore patches. For just £8 a tube, it would be rude not to! 

Use a Facial Oil
Again, something that I have only been using over the past six months or so, but I have seen such a drastic difference in the appearance of my skin since doing so! I don't find that applying a facial oil is something that I need to do everyday, especially over the Summer as my skin has a tendency to look a little greasy in the hot weather, however every other night gives me the hydration boost that I need; I received the Espa Optimal Skin Pro Serum for Christmas, and have been using it religiously since.

Moisturise! 
I'm sure I don't need to remind you all of the importance of moisturising all year round, but alas, here I am! Throughout the Winter I tend to use a thicker product with an SPF included, however lately I have found myself reaching for the Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser on a daily basis, then opting for a separate means of sun protection. As well as this, I've become a big fan of eye creams both morning and night- you can see my review of the Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment here.

I also like to apply a face mask once or twice a week, giving my skin a little extra boost! I'm loving the L'Oreal Pure Clay Masks, as well as the Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask, if you have any alternatives, do let me know! 

When it comes to skincare, I have found that it is best to do your research; on numerous occasions I have been pressured into almost purchasing an entire skincare range, when in actual fact there's no need to get sucked into the six-step regime. I like to try out different brands to find out which products suit me best.. by looking at the line up above, I'm sure you can see that I'm not at all particular!

-M xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign