Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

29.4.16

BOOTEA: Battling the Bloat

Now if you're a social media fiend (like myself!) I'm sure that you will be aware of the craze that is 'tea-toxing'. Over the past couple of years, companies like BOOTEA have been attracting hundreds of us through the promise of aiding weight loss and being made specifically for the purpose of 'kickstarting a healthy lifestyle'.. naturally, being a tea lover, this sounded perfect. After doing some research into the product itself, I decided to take give it a try (not for the purpose of losing weight, but to give myself a much needed cleanse after binging on Easter chocolate for well over a month now). I opted for the 14 Day Teatox as I didn't want anything too full on, and felt that this would be the perfect amount of time to trial the product in order to give an honest review- plus the ingredients are 100% natural, what more could you ask for!?


As I have mentioned, time and time again, I am a big tea drinker; I aim to drink at least 3 or 4 cups of green tea a day, as this leaves my body feeling the best- both inside and out! Throughout my time of trialling BOOTEA I was suffering from a bit of a cold, as well as being fairly stressed due to work and uni commitments; although this sounds like an awful combination, I figured that it would really put this 'magical' product to the test! When it came to the daytime teatox it was just what I needed to give me a kickstart in the morning, leaving me feeling energised and ready to face the day (although the taste took a little getting used to!); the combination of ingredients are put together to give you an energy boost whilst cleansing from the inside, including things such as ginger, fennel, lemongrass, dandelion and nettle leaves. Believe me, it's not as funky as it sounds! 

When it came to the bedtime teatox I was a little more sceptical, having read that it can give you terrible stomach cramps, as well as inducing a 'natural cleansing effect' which can take up to 10 hours to appear, which isn't ideal if you leave for work at 8am! Being a sufferer of mild IBS, as well as having a gluten intolerance I am familiar with the feeling of having your stomach tied in knots, however unlike several other reviewers on the BOOTEA website I was lucky enough to escape any discomfort; the product worked as stated, and left me feeling relieved, with noticeably less bloating after the first week.

Throughout the duration of the trial, I made a conscious effort to exclude any sugary foods, confectionary, or pre-packaged food from my diet in order to maximise the results at the end of the 2 weeks; I found it surprisingly easy to cut out these things at first, however by day 11 I was craving something sweet! By taking more control over my diet I was definitely able to optimise the final outcome, leaving me feeling a lot better overall. In terms of losing weight, I didn't find BOOTEA particularly effective, losing only a few pounds; however, as weight loss was not my goal I am not particularly bothered about this.. For me I found that drinking this, whilst continuing to consume my regular intake of green tea definitely helped to boost not only my energy levels, but my mood too! It made me feel a lot more alert, and helped to improve my concentration levels, without leaving me feeling unnaturally awake. 

If you haven't tried BOOTEA, and are looking for something to boost your immune system, leaving you feeling full of energy, I urge you to give it a try! Although I did not experience weight loss throughout the duration of the 2 weeks, do not let this put you off; BOOTEA are passionate about encouraging a healthy lifestyle, and have many other products to offer, including a variety of shakes and oats, as well as a gym plan! What are you waiting for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign