Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

27.4.16

April Favourites

As we are now well into Spring, I decided that it was about time to inject a few new bits into my make up bag; I have been reading about two of the three products below for some time, and decided that I ought to take a chance! I have been experimenting with subtle pinks of late, taking inspiration from Pinterest and some of my fave bloggers; if you aren't following me, why not head over and take a look at my boards?

I have sought after the perfect highlighter for some time, seeking a 'fresh faced' look, without too much sparkle.. I've been a long time fan of Benefit, and have tried out several products over the years, however, high beam has been on my wish list for a very long time; after borrowing a swipe or two from my sisters collection, I knew that I had to have it! The dewy pink highlighter glides onto the skin, with a silky finish, acting as the perfect radiance booster as we enter into the sunnier months. It can be worn under foundation for a subtle luminous look, or can be gently dotted across the cheek bones and under the brows for a more long-lasting finish (this is my preferred use). I however wouldn't recommend trying to blend it too much as it can appear streaky, you can build up coverage with small dots- simple! 

Now I would be lying if I said that I hadn't been lusting over the Clarins Instant Light Lip Oil ever since its release.. Lip oils are a relatively new type of lip treatment, becoming increasingly popular in the blogosphere, which is probably the reason for my incredible lust! This particular formula is non-sticky, leaving your lips feeling plumped and moisturised, with a pop of colour. It can also be used over lipstick, however I have found that the subtle tint is enough to leave my lips looking perfected, without being garishly pink! It does exactly what it says on the packaging, and has definitely lived up to expectations- plus it tastes and smells like raspberries, what more could you ask for!?

The third and final product that I have been loving of late, is the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer. I received a sample of this product in my Glamour Beauty Box aaages ago, but never got around to using it; I have found that my hair has been lacking volume and shine as the weather has begun to change, so wanted to try something to change this as well as increasing manageability- this is definitely the product for me, however it's a shame about the price tag! This pre-shampoo treatment is enriched with oils that boost moisture and encourage 'bounce', and has left me loving my tired locks once again. I am however considering going for the chop, opting for more of a 'lob'.. but we'll see how brave I feel! 

What products have you tried and tested this month? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign