Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

25.2.16

Top Tips for a More Restful Night's Sleep

There's something wondrous about sleeping in a hotel bed.. It seems to make you sleep like an angel, don't you agree? If like me, there are no current holidays on the horizon, sadly all you have to work with is the comfort of your own bed. I've been struggling to get to sleep at any time before 2am over the past few weeks, and it's driving me insane; however, having done a little researching, and making a few changes to my nighttime routine, hopefully I'll be catching up on some zzz's in no time!


Get Yourself a New Pillow
Research has shown that changing your pillow every six months can drastically improve the quality of your sleep- can I get a hell yeah!? I don't know about you, but resting your head on a new, plumped up pillow (complete with fresh sheets!), really does make for a more restful nights sleep. Old pillows are a sucker for storing dirt, oil, and dead cells, so it's worth saving your pennies for a new one every now and then! 


The Perfect PJ's
I don't care what anybody says, the perfect pair of jimmies makes for a blissful nights sleep. Whether you opt for something silky and chic, or prefer a cosy onesie complete with animal ears, find out what works best for you, and rock it!


Your Dream Space
One of the most important things when it comes to sleepy sweetly (in my opinion!), is creating a space that you're happy with. Like many other people, I believe that if you fall asleep and wake up somewhere that you are at your happiest, you will feel all around happier and are likely to be more productive throughout the day- nobody likes waking up feeling down in the dumps! Whether it's switching up your furniture, changing the lighting, or adding some art work and photographs to the walls, make your space your own.


Ambience, AKA Candles
This one is optional; you either love them or you hate them. I'm a big candle lover, and there's nothing that I love more than tucking up with a book whilst the most wonderful scent fills the room.. however, the smell of a blown out can wreak havoc with my sleep, so top tip, remove your candle before blowing it out! It leaves you with a heavenly smell, without the smoke.


Create a Routine
When you're a little one, a bedtime routine is something that you have no control over, so people often choose to take a more relaxed approach to their evenings as they get older. I'm putting my hands up and saying that nowadays my pre-bed chilling has turned into nothing but scrolling, pinning and online activity- NOT good! I'm always in my PJ's with my skincare routine completed by 10pm, but Pinterest and Twitter seem to take over and before I know it its midnight.. I'm determined to kick this habit, pledging to turn off all of my devices at least half an hour before I go to sleep. This is a biggie, but it's going to take some getting used to!

After a busy few weeks I'm in serious need of catching up on some shut eye, so hopefully by taking advantage of some of these tips and tricks I'll be sleeping sweetly in no time!

(Picture was sourced from Pinterest)

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I have quite a good evening routine and as a result get quite a lot of sleep! These tips will be super handy though and I totally agree on the changing the pillow thing x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign