Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

31.1.16

Pore Strips 101

For years I have had trouble with my skin, whether it's too dry, too oily, or I'm breaking out, there always seems to be something wrong- boo! A real issue I've always suffered with is the skin around and across my nose; although I've had success with concealing my pores with quick fix solutions such as Benefit's Porefessional (which I am huge advocate for!), I'm looking for something a little more permanent. 

A few months ago somebody recommended using pore strips to aid the not so great skin across my nose and cheeks; I was a little sceptical at first, as I have always thought of them as being somewhat of a fad, not really doing anything. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Due to the previously mentioned point, I wasn't planning on spending a lot of money on a packet of pore strips, so I opted for the Boots own brand nose strips which are a part of their tea tree and with hazel collection, and I was very impressed.

These deep cleansing strips combine ingredients to sooth the skin, whilst instantly removing dirt from the pores; I find that you only need to use them once a week, as long as you don't wear really heavy make up, the look of reduced pores is maintained. Not only do these nose strips remove oil and aid the removal of blackheads, they also help to prevent future breakouts- which is a yes from me! I've used several tea tree based products in the past and have always found them fairly effective, however this is by far my most used.

As you can see above, the strips are shaped to perfectly fit over the nose (which saves faffing about!), meaning that they can be applied quickly and easily. The strips must be applied to damp skin, enabling them to cling to the nose; once you have peeled off the backing plastic and applied it to the skin, ensure that it is pressed down firmly and wait for around 15 minutes; I tend to leave mine for a little longer to get maximum results, however as soon as it begins to harden you can peel it off at any time. The only downside to this product is the fact that it has a tendency to leave some of the sticky residue, however this can be easily removed with warm water.

If you've never tried pore strips before, I would say that these are a great place to start. At only £4.99 they are definitely worth the risk, and are often a part of Boots' 3 for 2 skincare offer as well! I'm sure that there are plenty of more expensive brands on the market that can provide a 'deeper cleanse', however I have had a very successful experience using these, therefore wouldn't consider spending anymore than necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign