Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

16.10.15

Why I Blog: A Personal Post

On several occasions I've started writing this post, but I decided to wait a while in hope that some wondrous explanation would become clear.. In a sense it has, and that is the sheer fact that I love to write. Whether it's fashion, beauty, books and movies, or more often than not a few words of wisdom that I hope will benefit just a handful of you, I feel good when I'm putting pen to paper (metaphorically of course!).

Just over a year ago I got offered a place to study journalism at a few different universities, but after much consideration I decided not to go. I was worried that if I was forced to sit in a lecture theatre and talk about the ins and outs of writing, it would take the fun out of it; sometimes I think I made the wrong decision, but I love having the freedom to write when I want and about whatever I fancy.

The last month has been a little testing to say the least. I started my business degree (which is not at all how I imagined it- with a total of 3 of us in the class for starters!), my boyfriend moved almost 100 miles away, and I started a new job. Although it has been a challenging few weeks, blogging is what has kept me going, as funny as that sounds. As many of you will know, blogging is a much loved hobby of mine, and although I would love for it to be a full time thing, that's a lot harder than it may seem! I have a lot going on right now, but not matter what life throws my way I just keep coming back to blogging.. If you get joy out of something, why should you have to sacrifice it? I probably spend a lot more time planning, researching and playing around with features than I should, but I don't plan on stopping anytime soon!
My blog is like my baby; it may not be the biggest, or have reached as many followers or views as those similar, but I put my all into it, and that's all that matters. If you love something, don't let anybody tell you that it's not important. I'd be lying if I said that I never have bad days, or I didn't question why I bother, but that's normal! Don't beat yourself up.

Reading back through this I can see that I've gone a little off course, but again, that's okay! I would recommend blogging to anybody and everybody; I love what I do. It has given me confidence in myself and my ability, and has given me more pleasure than I could have ever imagined.

-M xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign