Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

28.6.15

Planning for a Holiday

I haven't been on holiday for almost 3 years, so the thought of getting away for a few days is the most exciting thing in the world right now. Sun, gelato, history and somebody to share it with; what's not to love!? I am delighted to share the fact that in less than a month I shall be jetting off to Rome for a mini break, exploring the city and taking hundreds of pictures to share with you all.

As this is our first proper holiday together, I have come to realise that there is a lot more to it than booking flights and hopping on the plane.. From hotels and trains, to luggage and maps, there's a lot that needs planning beforehand. Being a lover of lists and organisation, I'm in my element!


Despite my trip still being a few weeks away, I have already started planning what I am going to take (I'm not one for last minute packing!). Not only have a I got a few outfits set out already, I have started properly planning our trip; as its only a short get away I want to make the most of every moment, even if that means a few early starts, much to my dismay!


When it comes to planning your trip I would definitely recommend downloading an app, such as Tripomatic; it allows you to plan every inch of your holiday down to where you will be dining- talk about making light work of things! The simplicity of the app is great, telling you how far away each attraction is from the next.. Our hotel is a mere mile away from the Colosseum which ever so exciting! I have spent a bit of time reading blogs and reviews based on anything and everything to do with Rome; I like to read what other people have recommended and make notes of places to eat and cute little spots to visit. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I have heard that when it comes to Rome it is a good idea to pre-book attractions, as the queues can take forever and ticket prices vary depending on the time of year. I'm a bit of a worrier, so for the sake of saving myself time and stress when I get there, it's definitely a good idea! Nearer to the time I plan on doing a bit more research into this.

If anybody has any recommendations of places to visit I would love to hear about them, I'm planning on cramming as much as I can into my short break as possible. But of course, there's always time for a cocktail or two!

-M xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign