Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

22.11.17

A Mini Haul (To Save My Skin!)

Guess who's back, with yet another skincare related post? HELLO, it's me. Over the past couple months my routine has been somewhat lacking, but alas, after a healthy injection of new-ness I have got my mojo back...

As the weather is changing I have found myself seemingly uninterested in the concept of applying make up, struggling to just about make myself presentable enough to leave the house. So in an attempt to plump up my skin and create the impression that I am FAR more rested than I actually am (nobody is a winner when it comes to dark mornings) I have focused my attention on perfecting my skincare routine instead. Just like our wardrobes, our skincare needs a bit or re-evaluating when it comes to the changing seasons, so after spending an age scouring the shelves of Boots and placing an inevitable Glossier order, I have injected some much needed beef into my skincare routine. Because if you can't smother yourself in goodness in November, when can you?

Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment

If I remember rightly I gave this a go a few years back and was beyond impressed, so when my latest eye cream just wasn't cutting it there was only one product that sprung to mind. I suffer from very dark circles under my eyes (a trait kindly passed down from my Mum's side of the family) which tend to get much worse in the winter, as well as puffiness that lasts for a large proportion of the day, so anything that helps to brighten and firm gets a big ol' YES from me. Plus you only need the smallest amount dotted along your orbital bone, meaning that it lasts forever.

Instant Boost Skin Tonic

If you saw my beauty faves post you will know that over the past six months I have been growing my Liz Earle collection, with the latest addition being the Instant Boost Skin Tonic. Infused with aloe vera, camomile and cucumber it provides the cool and hydrating effect that our skin screams for during the season of artificial heat. I use it morning and night after cleansing, as well as keeping it in my handbag for a quick spritz throughout the day.






Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser

Yes, I took the plunge and jumped on the Glossier bandwagon, but hey that's OK. The Milky Jelly Cleanser is basic in both packaging and formula, making it the perfect 'no fuss' option for those with even the most sensitive of skin types- it is PH balanced meaning that it won't change the way that your skin works, working to dissolve make up and daily grime whilst soothing and hydrating. Although I wouldn't use it as a replacement for my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, it is a nice simple alternative that I have been using in the shower when I'm in a hurry- which is more often than not lately! The dark morning struggle is v real.


The Balm Dot Com

Another Glossier newbie- The Balm Dot Com in Coconut. I can't remember the last time I wore lipstick, it's just not something I'm hugely fussed about, but when it comes to lip balm I am all over it... Anna from The Anna Edit has raved about this product for as long as I can remember and after two months of non-stop use I can confirm that it is THE Glossier product to get. It is super hydrating, smells heavenly and works pretty well on your cuticles too- I am desperate to pick it up in both the Birthday and Mint flavours (oh and you can get 10% off your order using this link)!

What have you picked up recently? I'd love to know if you've discovered any skincare must-haves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign