Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

1.7.17

Current Beauty Favourites

This post has been a long time coming, trust me. I knew from the off that Sympathy For The Skin was going to be a favourite, but felt that an entire post dedicated to it may seem a little lack lustre.. so after a couple of months of trialling various bits and pieces, I have a selection of solid beauty and skincare faves (I also want to mention how fab it feels to be writing about my favourite things again- YAY!)

Now lets not beat around the bush here, Lush's Sympathy For The Skin is bloomin' fantastic. I have spent far too much time and far too many pennies trying to find a full body moisturiser that works for not only the delicate areas but for general use too (you name it and there is a 9/10 chance that it will have weaselled its way into my wash bag at some point or another) hence the excitement when I discovered this little beauty. Initially I was a little surprised at the consistency of the product, finding it to be much thinner than expected, however after being a little sceptical at first I have found that a little ready does go a long way! Made with bananas, cocoa butter and vanilla you can imagine just how dreamy it smells; the butter has softening properties that condition the skin, whilst the vanilla and sandalwood scents comfort and uplift- winner winner. As somebody with sensitive skin I am prone to patches of irritation on various parts of the body, yet Sympathy For The Skin has helped to sooth and reduce redness, even on the most sensitive of areas! 

Another newbie (but total dream) in the skincare department is the Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser. It wasn't until last year that I took the plunge and treated myself to the renowned Cleanse and Polish, but since then I have tried an array of Liz Earle products and very few have left me disappointed.. I opted for the dry/sensitive face cream, using it first thing in the morning when I find that my skin needs a little extra nourishment- the changing temperatures are taking their toll! After using the product for a little over a month I have found that my complexion appears much healthier and the texture of my skin is a lot more even; a lot like the product mentioned above the consistency is very thin, meaning that you don't have to use a large amount when applying. Made up of natural ingredients such as avocado and borage oil, your skin is guaranteed to reap the benefits from the first use. 

The third and final product that I have been loving recently is the Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer. Priced at a mere £7.99 I would have no hesitation in comparing it to the likes of the Nars Creamy Concealer in terms of longevity; it applies like a dream and keeps those pesky eye bags at bay for hours on end. I never used to wear concealer (unless you count that dreaded time in year 6 when I decided to apply it like foundation) however over the past year or so it has become a lifesaver. Late nights/early mornings leave me looking less than fresh faced and this little guy works to not only cover dark circles, but it also hydrates and leaves the skin looking fresh and bright- YAY. 

Finally, I felt as though I ought to dedicate a special mention to my eyelash curlers (they're not just a prop- I promise!); after months of revising and sleepy starts I have seldom had the chance to apply mascara before leaving the house, so these little gems have become a staple in my make up bag. I picked up this pair for pittance last year, but am definitely looking to invest in something of a higher quality- recommendations are welcome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign