Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

22.12.16

The Beauty of Gift Giving

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat (and all that jazz!) With December 25th fast approaching, I'm sure I'm not the only person that has presents on the brain. And no, I'm not talking about this years festive wishlist, I am in fact referring to the giving of gifts and what on earth to buy the peeps that have a special place your heart.. Now I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't already knee deep in wrapping paper and curling ribbon, but there's always time for a few 'last minute' purchases- I'm a control freak, what can I say!?


In previous years I have gone a little present mad, filling my baskets (online and instore!) with everything in sight, but this year I have tried to be a little more selective. According to my family and friends I am the hardest person to buy for, as I am very particular when it comes to the things that I like (although I would disagree..) so I have tried to adopt this attitude when it comes to the buying of prezzies too; I have thought long and hard about what to get each and every person and I think that this year, I've nailed it. 


Although I have still been very generous with the gifts that I have selected, I have tried to consider not only what people want, but what they need too- alas, still a little luxe. To me, a present is something that you may want or need, but would not necessarily buy for yourself. Whether it is too costly or you feel as though your money would be better spent elsewhere, it's not at the top of your to-buy list. Now I would be lying if I said that I have steered clear of the high street this Christmas, purchasing bits and bobs from my favourite stores ready to wrap up for my loved ones; but there's just something about smaller brands that make the whole process a lot more special. They create, package and post their products, making people like little ol' me happier than ever- impressive, right!? I have spent the past few weeks scouring high and low for what I deem to be the 'perfect' gift; something with a background story, something that has been handmade with love, and on this surprisingly sunny Thursday afternoon I have just made my last purchase. 


As a blogger I often work with smaller brands, and over the past 6 months or so I have seen just how much effort these people put in compared to those who produce on a larger scale. If blogging has taught me nothing else, it is that if you give you shall receive; I'm not talking about gifts here, merely that if you put in a little time and effort with those that you collaborate with, they shall work their socks off to help you out in return. I know that it's ever so late (Christmas is right around the corner!), but you will be surprised just how many companies are still busy working to get that perfect prezzie to you before the big day arrives. If you're stuck for last minute gifts why not have a last minute scour of the internet, or seek out your nearest market? It's not about how extravagant the gift is, it's about what it means to you and the recipient- it's about the beauty of being unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign