Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

25.8.16

Bra-blems and How To Fix Them

I was what some may call an 'early bloomer' when it came to chestiness (pardon the Georgia Nicholson reference); by the mere age of 11 I no longer fit into training bras, so with a C cup chest I was sent for a professional fitting- I had never felt so embarrassed. But alas, almost 10 years on I still find myself making the journey to the bra department, seeking the advice of somebody who knows what's right and what's wrong. After all, we spend so much time and effort trying to find clothes that fit perfectly, so why not prioritise our undies too? I use to disregard underwear as something that was simply tucked away under our real clothes, serving a small purpose, with little need to look pretty.. however now, although I must consider practicality, I lust for lace and sheer materials, the prettier the better.

There are two types of girls in this world; the ones that get home and change into their loungewear whilst leaving their bra on, then there are us normal girls. I don't know what it is, but there's no better feeling than whipping off your undies after a hard day- free as a bird

I've been in touch with the team at ThirdLove who encouraged me to both explore and raise awareness of the world of bra-blems (bra problems, for any of you that hadn't got it!), we all have them, so sharing them is not only interesting, but a fab way to make us all feel a little more normal! I hate bra shopping, I've said it before, and it isn't any less true than the last time I mentioned it.. there's something disheartening about finding out that your cup size hasn't changed but you've managed to gain a few inches 'around', however there's something equally as pants about having somebody compliment your chestiness and just how well endowed you are- how are you supposed to contemplate responding to that, in your undies, standing a mere foot away? This is something that I am still yet to grasp. But fear not, it won't stop me from going back because finding the right bra for you is super important; not only does it let you make the most of your outfit, but it can save you from future back pains too- so you can stand tall, and still look sassy af.! 

I have tried many a bra type in my time and the variation in sizes is shockingly large; on far too many occasions I have found myself out and about to then have a major bra-blem creep up on me! Whether sagging straps are the issue, or I've got some serious dig going on, over the years I have picked up some little tricks when it comes to easing the aches and pains that come hand in hand with being on the bustier side.

Sagging Straps
This has to be one of the most frustrating things about wearing a bra, day in day out; your straps are either too tight or too loose, and sadly there is very rarely a happy medium! Over the years I have got into the habit of tightening the straps every couple of weeks to keep them in check.. however if they're on the smallest setting and are still falling down, it may be time to invest in something new. You may also like to consider exploring other styles, as different bras come with different strap sizes- you know what that means, shopping!

That 'Unsupported' Feeling.
Now I don't know about you, but regardless as to how supportive my strapless bra is, I still feel as though a slippage is on the horizon- although thankfully this is yet to occur! I recently discovered the power of the clear bra strap, and trust me, there's no going back. I picked up a pack from Perfection Secrets however they are stocked in most underwear sections; they simply hook into your bra as regular strap would, and just like that you are blessed with the gift of added reassurance.

Underwire Popping Out
Don't you just hate it when you're walking along and then *BAM*, you're jabbed in the ribcage by a protruding piece of metal? Yeah? Me too. It's always a sad day when you're favourite bra meets its maker, and has to be sent off to underwear heaven.. but alas, there are some things that you can do to prolong the life of your bra! For example, washing your undies by hand will prevent any unnecessary wear and tear that comes from using a machine, however if this isn't an option (c'mon, who really has time to hand wash anyway?!) be sure to pop your bras into a lingerie bag to prevent them from catching.

I don't know about you, but when I'm wearing undies that look cute and fit me perfectly, I feel great! So why not go out and treat yourself to something new? Check out the ThirdLove website for their range of half-size bras (yes you heard be correctly- half sizes, how amazing is that?) and be sure to use the code BRABLEMS for an extra 15% off. You can shop the collection here, what are you waiting for!?

For more information about finding the right bra size for you, check out ThirdLove's top tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign