Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

22.7.16

The Glamour Summer Edit: First Impressions

If you've followed me for some time, you will know that last year I picked up one of the Glamour Beauty Boxes; this was the first and only box that I have ever bought, so I thought that it was about time that I took the plunge and once again dipped my toes into the pool of beauty boxes! The market is absolutely flooded with different types of boxes filled with a number of different products; however the beauty (get it!?) of this particular one, is that you are under no obligation to subscribe. It is a one off payment of £20 (including P&P), meaning that you get over £100 worth of products packaged neatly in one parcel, each chosen especially for Summer- Glamour also create Spring and Winter boxes! 
As previously mentioned, the box contains a range of Summery products chosen by Glamour's very own beauty editor, Alessandra Steinherr. There is a little leaflet tucked inside the packaging which includes a note from her, and information about each product- this is super handy because although it is filled with well known brands like Revlon and St Tropez, the beauty box also showcases some new and exciting products that you may not have heard of before. I don't know about you, but I love discovering new brands!? I haven't given all of the products a try just yet, but am planning on doing a post on my favourite products from the box at a later date. 



 Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colour (Full Size, RRP £8.99)
I'm going to put my hands up and say that Revlon is brand that I'm not hugely familiar with; however, I have become a fan of matte lip creams of late, plus it smells good enough to eat! This product is definitely going to be making its way into my make up bag over the sunnier months.

St Tropez Self-Tan Bronzing Mist (Full Size, RRP £14.00)
If you read my recent post about tanning, you will know that I have no shame when it comes to faking it! I would much rather apply a product to my skin than damage it, and this particular release from St Tropez comes in a handy spray bottle meaning that you don't have to get your mitts dirty!

Nuxe Prodigeaux Shower Oil (Travel Size)
This product is just like summer in a bottle. It is the perfect post-tanning product, leaving the skin feeling hydrated and silky smooth; it smells of vanilla with a hint of orange oil, providing an experience of pure pleasure! Since getting my hands on this, I've been slathering it all over my body- whether I've been tanning, or not.

WOW Mask - Luxury Face Mask (Full Size, RRP £14.00)
Sheet masks have been on my beauty radar for some time now, but still, I am yet to give them a go. Just like the name suggests, the WOW face masks are said to leave your skin looking plump, firm and radiant, supplying it with collagen boosting ingredients- who can argue with that!? This product retails at £14.00 per sachet, which is a little pricier than your average high street face mask; although I'm not expecting miracles, I'm hoping that it will act as a little pick me up when my skin isn't looking 100%.

Oribe Dry Texturising Spray (Travel Size)
Being partial to the odd bottle of dry shampoo or two, I am looking forward to giving this a try. It is said to work like your average product, whilst adding volume and texture into the mix too- perfect for those lacklustre hair days!

Ladival Sun Protection Spray SPF 30 (Full Size, RRP £13.50)
It wouldn't be Summer without the smell of suncream filling the air- bliss! Ladival is a relatively new brand, however having read good reviews I am eager to put it to the test. The sun is finally starting to emerge here in England, so I'll be sure to slap on the factor 30!

Grounded Chocolate Orange Body Scrub (Sample Pack)
I would be lying if I said that this wasn't the thing that I'm the most excited to try from the Glamour Summer Edit.. I've been contemplating picking up a few of the Grounded Scrubs from Boots for the past couple of months now, but have always decided against it- I have no idea why!? The smell of chocolate and orange can be smelt through the packet, making me all the more excited to smother myself head to toe! This natural scrub is said to exfoliate and boost circulation, leaving the skin 'baby soft'.

Aurelia Probiotic Miracle Cleanser & Muslin Cloth (Travel Size)
I have heard of the brand Aurelia before, but have never tried any of their products; I am however very keen to put this cleanser to the test. Being such a huge fan of the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, also using a muslin cloth to remove the product, I will be interested to see how it compares.

Overall, if you love beauty and fancy trying out some new products, I would definitely recommend getting your hands on the Glamour Summer Edit while it is still available. It is the only beauty box that I have ever purchased, for the sheer fact that it is always packed full of amazing products that I would definitely purchase myself, for such an affordable price! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign