Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

25.5.16

A Month in Books: MAY

With May ending, it is time to bid farewell to the dreaded exam season (for us University students anyway!); thankfully my exams were over within the first week, meaning that I had some free time to play with. Since a young age I have always loved reading, but of late I have found that there is always something more important to be doing than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book in hand.. but, this month I have done exactly that. I've only read one actual story throughout the month of May, however I have enjoyed exploring other genres and dipping my toes into the pool of 'gluten free humour'- who knew that it was a thing!? 


I have seen many people raving about FANGIRL by Rainbow Rowell, and although I was a little sceptical at first, with it's simple structure and very short chapters, I would recommend it to anybody and everybody, it was fab! There's nothing that I love more than an easy read, and that it was. The story is based around the struggles of a young girl named Cath, who starts college with her twin sister, Wren, yet has never felt to distant and alone; it explores the struggles of growing up, whilst learning to love your inner nerd- a real heart warmer! It was one of the most hyped books of 2013, however I picked it up a few weeks ago on the off chance, and read it within a couple of days.. it's a winner.


Now if you haven't heard of #GIRLBOSS, then where the heck have you been!? It is the autobiography of Nasty Gal founder, Sophia Amoruso, and is quite possibly the most empowering thing that you will ever read. Amoruso shares her stories of ambition, entrepreneurship, and passion, and how she went from a high school drop out to becoming one of the most iconic women in retail.

GLUTEN IS MY BITCH is more of a 'pick up and put down' kind of book, which after a long day at work is exactly what you need.. As somebody who has suffered with an intolerance for the past few years, I know just how painful it can be walking into a restaurant and praying for dear life that there is something on the menu that I am able to eat (after all, it's never nice being the awkward one of the group!). This book gives a humorous insight into the trials and tribulations of living with an intolerance, no matter which end of the scale; combining advice, recipes and personal experiences, April Peveteaux is sure to have you giggling over your dairy free latté!

The last book that I have been loving throughout May is PRETTY HONEST by Sali Hughes; this also featured in my April Favourites post.. I just can't put it down! If you're looking for what is essentially a beauty bible, look no further. Since receiving this as a gift, I have completely switched up my skincare routine, as well as making smaller changes to the ways that I apply my make up etc. Like the previous book, it is one that you can pick up and read if you have a spare 15 minutes; as summer kicks in I'm going to be working a few extra hours, so I'm all about expanding my 'coffee table' collection.

What featured in your May reading list? I loved this month's copy of Vogue! 

-M xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign