Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

1.3.16

London Fashion Weekend: The Best Bits

This year I was lucky enough to visit London Fashion Weekend; myself and and friend caught the 7:30 train to London, to experience a snippet of what I can only imagine Fashion Week to be.. Unless you have been living under a fashion-free rock, you will know that London Fashion Week is a huge deal for big names, and fashion lovers alike, hence making it my mission to attend even a small part of the event- I like to call it the 'fashionable leftovers' of the week before. Granted it doesn't sound as glamorous, but heck, it is.


Held at the Saatchi Gallery, a marvel in itself, the layout of the event was sleek, yet jam packed with branded clothing and equally as awe-worthy accessories. With over 100 brands, trend and designer, I was in heaven. The stark white walls complimented the displays, allowing easy viewing of the upcoming season's styles and colours, and thanks to spring  being just around the corner, there were endless amounts of pastel pinks and lilacs, which I love! I can't wait to pick some new pieces for my capsule wardrobe- and believe me, being a heavy monochrome wearer, this is a real revelation. Sadly a lot of the items were out of my price range despite some serious discounting going on, but the range of things that you could pick up and take home was incredible; from faux fur coats to Vivienne Westwood jewellery, you couldn't ask for anything more. Although I would have loved to have filled my (already overflowing!) shopping bags, it just wasn't feasible, however something that both myself and Abi indulged in was the Maybelline pop-up; being a brand that I'm not hugely familiar with, I decided to splurge!

I was also lucky enough to attend a show during the event, although it was over far too quickly- who knew that they only lasted for 10 short minutes!? This years show partnered with VeryExclusive.com, which brought the key trends of the S/S season; this included collections such as 'Pop Art Brights', 'Americana' and 'Beautiful Botanicals'. These collections were all amazing, but my favourite by far was 'New Romance', which combined feminine frills and the palest of pastel lace- perfect for wedding season! 

Overall the event was a huge success, and after a couple of hours wandering around the gallery I was exhausted- although the several hours of hitting Oxford Street probably contributed to that too! I would definitely recommend London Fashion Weekend to anybody that loves fashion and design; even if you aren't an avid fashionista, the day itself is very chilled and can be filled with as much or as little as you like. My top tip for anybody that is considering attending the next Fashion Weekend, wear comfy shoes! I decided on my trusty leather ankle boots, however even the smallest heel had me aching on the train ride home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign