Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

8.2.16

2016: The Year of Experiences


Raise your hand if you have a spending problem.. At the start of the year I made a pledge to only buy things that I need (with the odd treat here and there!) in terms of shopping; I discovered the concept of the capsule wardrobe, and fell in love. It was what I had been waiting for, enabling me to buy key wardrobe pieces, whilst curving my ever so slight spending problem. Now over a month on, I'm going strong! I have spent very little money on clothes, or beauty bits, and my bank balance is thanking me.. But not for long! 

I have teamed up with Eventbrite to help make 2016 the year of GOMO, Going Out More Often- why don't you get involved too!? Anybody can join in the fun! Eventbrite is a the largest self-service ticketing platform that allows you to both plan and search for events near you, no matter how small or large, from yoga classes to music festivals, you can search to your heart's content. As I mentioned in a previous post, I am busy planning weekends away and new and exciting things to do this year, my diary is practically bursting at the seams- almost! As much as I love nights in, tucked up watching Netflix with a big old bag of treats, I'm dedicating 2016 to being a bit more savvy with both my time and my money; I want to build memories, spending my wages on experiences rather than material goods. I feel a Mean Girls moment coming on, "who here has ever.." scrolled through social media platforms and felt as though they're missing out? Well, not anymore.

When it comes to finding things to do, I like to use Twitter as one of my main tools; I follow a lot of fellow bloggers who often share what they're up to, and upcoming events that they're interested in, then I go from there. Another way of discovering exciting things is by searching popular hashtags, this can be done on instagram too, such as #bloggingevents and #ukbloggers, you never know what you're going to find! Another great place to find information regarding events are magazines; as both a fashion and writing enthusiast I read a lot, some of my favourites including Vogue, Elle and Glamour, all of which include information regarding related events.. at the end of the month I am attending London Fashion weekend (post to follow!), and I am very keen to buy tickets for the Glamour Beauty Festival too! 


As Valentines Day is just around the corner, Jack and myself have planned to meet in Exeter for the day, so we're keen to find something fun and exciting to do- it's our first year that we aren't a ten minute car ride apart, so want to make the most of it! If anybody has any suggestions I would love to hear from you. Outdoorsy activities (weather dependent), spas, you name it.. Surprise me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign