Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

31.1.19

What's On My Reading List

I love books. I always have and wouldn’t hesitate in saying that I always will, although coming from a family of bookworms it seems like an unavoidable passion to have- my mum sends me weekly book recommendations, and my dad frequents the library more than anybody I know! If you ask me there's nothing quite like getting yourself lost in a good book, and that is what I intend to do with this rather substantial list...

Not only do I love to read, but I am a compulsive book buyer too. As my Twitter bio says I am a sucker for a coffee table book and love nothing more than flicking through text and images of fashion, travel and interiors. Name a book, and chances are there’s a copy sitting on display somewhere in my home. I am shamelessly obsessed with beautiful books- although I suppose there are worse things to splurge on. Last year I set myself the challenge of reading one book a month, and this year I intend to do the same (or beat it) because not only does reading help me switch off, but I believe that there’s no greater sense of accomplishment than turning the last page of a book... plus it means it's time to start something new!


On my Reading List for 2019:

Normal People - Sally Rooney
Birdbox - Josh Malerman
The Happiness Project - Gretchen Rubin
Poems for a World Gone to Sh*t - Quercus Poetry & Various Poets (a very well received xmas present!)  
An Edited Life - Anna Newton
Little Fires Everywhere - Celeste Ng
The Tattooist of Auschwitz - Heather Morris
YOU - Caroline Kepnes

Small Great Things - Jodi Picoult 
Calm The F**k Down - Sarah Knight (I'm a big fan of her no messing attitude!)

My Favourite Reads of 2018:

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine - Gail Honeyman
The Rosie Project - Graeme Simsion
Everything I Know About Love - Dolly Alderton
Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone - JK Rowling (a classic that I loved revisiting!)
This is Going To Hurt: Secret Diaries of a Junior Doctor - Adam Kay
The Couple Next Door - Shari Lapena
The F Word - Lily Pebbles

I would love to know what's on your current reading list, as well as any recommendations that you might have for me- I'm always keen to try something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign