Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

26.9.18

Embracing All Things Natural



Over the past few years I have reduced the amount of makeup that I wear, feeling a lot more myself when sporting nothing but a healthy glow (courtesy of Glossier's haloscope) and a handful of my favourite products...

When I first started blogging the internet was filled with makeup hauls and lipstick collections, and although that was something that I desperately wanted to be a part of, it always felt a little alien to me. I have never been particularly good at applying make up and see little point in having beautiful products sitting in a drawer waiting to be used, so I try and keep my collection to the bare minimum and only wear what makes me feel fab. Makeup shouldn't be used as a mask that we hide behind, but it should be used to enhance and express ourselves... if you ask me there's no such thing as 'flaws'. 

It may come as a surprise to some of you, but I haven't always been as sassy and skin positive as I am now. Throughout my teens I suffered with severe acne, which has left me with minor scarring and areas of skin pigmentation; at the time I thought that the stronger the product I used the more effective it would be, but little did I know it was doing more harm than good! As I've got older I have tried to incorporate a lot more natural skincare into my routine, combating my adult-acne without doing any further damage to my skin. 

One of my favourite skincare brands is Yes to, who create natural, cruelty free and vegan products. Over the past few months I have been using their Yes to Tomatoes range, which is renowned for its blemish-clearing and oil controlling properties, as well as being great at fighting the bacteria that causes spots. The ingredients used to create this particular range are 95% natural, including lycopene (from tomatoes!) and vitamin C which helps to sooth and heal the skin. From facial wipes to daily repair treatments and paper masks to moisturiser, Yes to Tomatoes is guaranteed to have a product that suits your skincare needs... My favourite is definitely the warming facial scrub, which I try to use twice a week to ensure that I'm drawing out as many spot-causing impurities as possible! I also try to pop on a face mask (paper or charcoal) once a week, for a little detox treat after a longgg day.

Although there's no denying that you can feel the products working their magic, it is no comparison to the unbearable tingling feeling I have felt when using products filled with harsh chemicals and toxic ingredients. People often associate natural skincare with poor results, however after using Yes to products I can promise this is not the case... just because they're made with fruit and vegetables it doesn't mean they don't provide results!  The Yes To Tomatoes range is perfect for anybody suffering with oily and spot prone skin, looking for a natural, nasty-free solution. It is available in Boots, Beauty Bay, Lookfantastic, and Feelunique. As of now you can find it in your local Sainsburys too! 

Don't forget to check out the #YesToTomatoes hashtag on Instagram and continue to spread the word about skin positivity. Get involved and share your story! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign