Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

24.6.16

So You Don't 'Get' Blogging?


Is it just me, or does it seem like every other person that you walk past is either running their own blog, or writing for somebody else's? But hey, that is okay. Whether people blog as a hobby, or a profession, it is their decision and it certainly does not effect you, nor I. This week, for the first time since I started blogging in 2014, I told somebody about how I spend my spare time, and they asked me why? They then proceeded to explain how unrealistic my desire to work in social media was, and that blogging wasn't a 'proper' job.. this provoked something inside of me to be released, leading to this particular post.

Over the past few years, blogging has really taken off; more teenagers have expressed their desire to start a career in blogging than becoming a doctor or teacher, seeking both the fame and the financial benefits that come with it. But believe me, blogging is hard work. Now by no means am I comparing myself to those that have been doing this for far longer than I have, but I know just how difficult it can be to produce consistent content. It is hard to get noticed in the blogosphere, working for free can begin to take its toll (things can get expensive quickly) and it is one of the few career paths where there is no right or wrong way of doing things.. could you imagine if a doctor put their own spin or something, or simply hoped for the best!? Blogging is very personal and that is the beauty of it, which is why I found it hard not to take it to heart when said person expressed their sheer disregard for the profession.

At the end of the day, why shouldn't blogging be treated with as much respect as anything else? People spend hours putting their heart and soul into creating content, and editing photographs to accompany the words, they are the voices behind the screen, so why don't they deserve the same respect for their success?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign