Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

14.6.16

Lip Products of the Moment

The right lipstick can take you from day to night with a flick of the wrist and a quick swipe right, but it can sometimes be tricky to find the perfect pocket-size companion.. I have tried and tested several lip products over the years, and have always struggled when it comes to lipstick, as I have a tendency to acquire cracked lips as soon as there's a chill in the air (not ideal!), but recently I have made a few additions to my make up bag and I haven't looked back. Behold, my top 3 lipsticks of the moment.


1. As much as I love a red lip, having tried various scales from bright to muted, they're just not for me. The Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani lipstick in the shade Ex-Girlfriend has been on my radar for a little while now, and ever since I took the plunge I haven't left the house without it; the colour is a nice alternative to nude, as it is slightly darker and pretty pigmented too. It has a fair amount of staying power (it doesn't smudge and doesn't have the dreaded 'lipstick on the teeth' effect!) however has a tendency to transfer onto objects such as glasses, etc. 

2. Finally jumping on the NYX bandwagon, huh? And trust me, I am so glad that I did! NYX Cosmetics has been slowly making its way into Boots stores across the country, however sadly my little ol' town is yet to be blessed with such an arrival.. On a recent trip to London I jumped at the chance to explore the stands, showing a serious amount of restraint leaving with just the one shade of the Soft Matte Lip Cream; I chose the colour Stockholm, finding it to be the perfect nude for Spring/Summer- it's like my natural lips, but better! The product itself is very wearable, applying like a gloss, but drying into a matte shade- thankfully, it still feels very moisturising, which is what attracted me to the product as I suffer from cracked lips all year round! Oh, and did I mention that they're only £5.99 a pop?

3. The third and final lipstick that I am loving at the moment is the Loreal Color Riche, in the shade J Lo's Nude- who doesn't love a bit of J Lo!? I picked this up on a whim during a very rushed trip to Boots, and have introduced several friends to it since. It is relatively pigmented, however doesn't last a very long time, meaning that the chances are you will need to top it up throughout the day; this isn't really an issue for me as it takes a matter of seconds, and the colour is so darn cute.



What lip products are you loving right now? I can't get enough of peachy nudes, and the 'your lips but better' shades.. they're so wearable and perfect for the transition to summer! 

-M xxx

2 comments:

  1. Love the pick, the NYX one is amazing, love the colour
    Ivana xoxo

    http://theninebyivana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's gorgeous, such a perfect shade for every day wear X

      Delete

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign