Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

30.10.20

Breaking The Silence (& Exciting News!)

Long time, no post. The world has turned upside and back to front this year, and I'd be lying if I said that it hasn't taken its toll on my mental health (as it has for a lot of people) but after an incredibly long and much needed hiatus I'm back with some exciting news to share!

Incase you hadn't guessed it, yes- we bought a house! We never thought that buying a house would be on the cards this year (let alone during a global pandemic) but when we first viewed our home back in May we knew that it would be the perfect place to start our journey on the property ladder. It's got three bedrooms which is plenty big enough for the two of us, as well as being a new build which gives us the reassurance that if things go wrong we're covered for the first couple of years- although I'm hoping that by that time we may be looking at somewhere new.

The question that most people have asked us is why now? Don't get me wrong, we loved our little flat- but after spending several months cooped up staring at the same four walls, when we were finally allowed outside again it made us realise how badly we wanted somewhere that we were able to make our own (complete with outside space!) Although I'd be lying if I said that the thought of decorating a whole home didn't terrify me, I am incredibly excited to see what we can do with a completely blank canvas. There's no denying that I had fallen out of love with Pinterest due to the feeling of 'missing out' however since moving in to our new home I have definitely rekindled my love of pinning. I can't stop!

I've been thinking about sharing a weekly (more like monthly- who am I kidding) roundup of my favourite homeware picks to try and get my creative juices flowing, however if I'm being completely honest I think it's unlikely that we will get any major decorating done before Crimbo... Is anybody else so ready for some festive cheer?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign