Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

22.2.20

New in Skincare

It's been sometime since I've written a skincare update, but in all honesty there has seemed little point as things are very much the same! My skin type is 'combination' which basically means it's a pain in the butt. In my experience, it is seldom you will find the perfect product for skin that's 'a little bit of this and that' so unsurprisingly I am still trying to find a concoction of products that work for me.

Over the past couple of years I haven't strayed too far from my tried and tested products (because if it ain't broke don't fix it!) but every now and then I like to inject a bit of newness into my routine to shake things up a bit. This month I picked up three new products to try, each of which I have been very impressed with...

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser
If you're new around here then you may not know that I am a big fan of Kiehl's; from their facial skincare to their body butters, they are yet to create a product that doesn't tickle my fancy! When visiting the Bath store a few weeks back I had a 'skin analysis' which confirmed that I do in fact have combination skin, with a large amount of dryness to boot- so I went on the hunt for something to combat this! I have been on the hunt for a new cleanser for a while, as my trusty Cleanse & Polish can sometimes feel a bit heavy on the skin for a morning cleanse- so for the past month I have been using this and the results have been fab! The ultra facial cleanser is light yet hydrating, whilst still feeling like it is actually cleaning your skin (which is something that I find creamy cleansers don't always do) and what makes it better is that it's suitable for all skin types.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Toner
Like the cleanser, the Ultra Facial Toner is a very gentle product that's suitable for all skin types. I've had little experience with toners before now so was a bit sceptical, however I have found that by wiping just a small amount over my face post-cleanse the overall texture and appearance of my skin has improved HELLA lot... baring in mind I've only been using a pea sized amount on a cotton pad, I have noticed that it is removing dirt that my cleanser isn't able to, which seems crazy! It's definitely a warmly welcomed addition to my skincare routine.

The Ordinary Peeling Solution
I have heard nothing but rave reviews when it comes to The Ordinary skincare, so I thought it was about time that I put it to the test (and I'm certainly glad that I did!) The price point is one of the most appealing things about this brand, starting from as little as £5 each- this particular product was only £6.30! Another thing that makes them so popular is the fact that all ingredients are clearly stated without any 'fuss' meaning that you know exactly what you're getting; I must admit that this scared me at first as I'm no expert when it comes to acids, but the product works... 
The application is very easy (albeit messy!) and only requires your fingertips to smooth the product over the face and neck; it's a very quick process as the product should be left for no more than 10 minutes as it's very strong, followed by rinsing away with warm water. I have found that by using it once a week, combined with regular exfoliation it has helped with the dry/flakiness on my forehead and nose- plus it just feels a little bit bougie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign