Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

2.3.19

Hydrate Me, Baby!

Over the years I have been on a bit of a journey with my skin (from teen breakouts and flakey skin, to adult acne- the joy!) and although I still wouldn't say that I match the characteristics of a single skin type, I have definitely worked out what does and doesn't work for me.

The winter months always wreak havoc with my skin (England is cold rn, you guys) and with dryness being one of my biggest concerns I find myself reaching for moisture-inducing products more and more at this time of year. So here are some of my favourites...

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

If there is a skincare brand that I have complete faith in, it's Kiehl's. Although it's safe to say that their products are on the pricier side, they are made from naturally-derived ingredients (which is perfect for my sensitive skin) and always smell delightful. Their Ultra Facial Cream has a lightweight texture that sinks into the skin quickly and doesn't leave you feeling greasy, meaning that it's perfect for everyday use- as somebody that will always choose extra time in bed, it's my go-to! FYI this is their limited edition Christmas packaging and it makes me love it even MORE.

Glossier Moisturising Moon Mask

This product is still relatively new to my collection, but I'm already hooked- weekly masking has become a part of my skincare routine for the first time ever. For a moisturising mask the consistency is relatively thin, but I find that the more generously you apply it the more hydrated your skin will feel! Glossier recommend letting it soak in for 20 minutes, however I prefer to pop it on just before I get in the bath and let it work its magic until I decide to get out...

LUSH Breath of Fresh Air

I am a sucker for a facial mist- I always have been and I always will be. Although it's by no means the most hydrating product on the market, this handbag friendly toner water is the perfect pick me up for when your skin is feeling lacklustre (as mine often does at this time of year!) Made with a combination of spring and sea water, aloe vera and rose absolute it calms and soothes the skin whilst providing naturally-fuelled hydration.

Glossier Balm Dot Com

Hello, old friend... No doubt you will recognise this product from many a post, because since I discovered it a tube has taken up residence in just about every coat pocket/handbag that I own. This multipurpose lip balm comes in 6 different flavours (a combination of tinted and un-tinted, with my fave being coconut fyi) and isn't just limited to your lips- it's perfect for small patches of dry skin on the body, as well as sorting out pesky cuticles! Although I will always recommend it, I think it's important to note that Balm Dot Com is pretty dense so if you prefer something that soaks in quickly this definitely isn't for you.

I used to mix up my skincare routine a lot, trying new things in search of that 'miracle' product, but I have found that by sticking to a simple routine my skin has been behaving far better than ever- it's safe to say that a Korean 10-step beauty routine just isn't for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign