Pages

Search This Blog

Currently Crushing On:

24.12.15

Festive Make Up: Christmas Day

Any excuse for a flat lay, eh? The holy grail of blog photos. Anywayyy.. As many of you know I'm not a big make up user, nor am I by any means skilled at application, so for my Christmas day look this year I am keeping it natural- with a dash of sparkle of course!


When it comes to the base of my make up, I use Benefit's Porefessional to smooth over the skin on my nose and cheeks for some shine control, as well as any other stubborn areas, as it has a really powerful mattifying effect- perfect for in hot Christmas houses! I then use concealer to cover any blemishes, followed by applying my favourite high street foundation, Rimmel London Match Perfection. I am aiming for a light coverage that isn't too heavy on my skin, as I'm not planning on doing a lot of moving around- it's Christmas day after all! 



I'm trying to grow out my brows at the moment, therefore I have taken a break from my usual regime as it just looks a bit odd! I am simply applying clear brow gel to keep any stray hairs in place. When it comes to my eye make up I like to keep it simple, but as it's Christmas you can't say no to some glitter, go crazy! Having heard from several people that Revlon have a range of purse friendly eye shadows, at only £2.99 per piece, I thought that I would be mad not to pick up a sparkly shade for the festive season! I chose SAND, as it is a natural shade with some serious sparkle. After bedazzling my eye lids, I opted for my trusted Yves Saint Laurent Babydoll mascara, for a girly, open eyed look.

As for the rest of my make up, I am keeping it simple with a nude lip (unfortunately I just can't rock the red!), and a dash of No7 highlighter. This radiance stick can be easily brushed over the bridge of the nose and cheek bones to create a glowing, dewy effect, which is perfect for a simple, festive make up look.

I'd love to see how you are rocking your Christmas day make up; does anybody have any signature looks that they opt for every year? Do share!

-M xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Martha Molly. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign